One of my favorite things about June (other than the fact that I turn a year older) is the NBA Finals. Although in the last few years the NCAA Tourney has really outshined the League, I think the NBA is on a comeback with the two contenders for this year's title.First, you have the Lakers; Kobe and Phil. These guys know how to win (Phil and his 9 titles and Kobe's 3). Bottom line, if I am Boston I am a little scared. Kobe is an assasin and this year has proved he can take over a game almost any time he wants to. With the additions of the Spaniard, Paul Gasol (who by the way is a great player), and Derrick Fisher (leader), the Lakers look like no one can stop em'.
But wait...


BOSTON IS IN THE PLACE! The Big Ticket, Paul Pierce, and Ray Ray are hungry. No one thought they would take off like this and I have to tell you, I was one of those critics. They have an edge in the series with home court throughout and they will need it against the battle tested Lakers. With road struggles and a couple of nail bitters in the first 2 rounds, it seemed the Celtics were in for it, facing Detroit. But a sleeping Ray Allen who was 0 for his first 9 playoff games awoke and the rest is history.
There you have it. Lakers vs. Boston. I love it. Reminds me of the old days
Remember these guys.
I am glad to say that the NBA is back!!!!! Can Kobe make it four and continue the debate for the greatest to play the game? You know that MJ never lost a finals he appeared in (there is a fun fact for ya!). Lets see what you got, Kobe- give us a show!
1 comment:
It is great to see the Lakers and Celts again, but to answer your question...No Kobe won't be the greatest to ever play the game. Maybe the 4th, 3rd, or possibly the 2nd, but not the first.
Post a Comment