Monday, June 30, 2008

My best friend.

I was told about a week ago by my great friend that I was not giving him any love on my blog, so AB this post is for you! Adam Baxter (or for those that know him AB) is a great guy. We grew up together in Guntersville AL, and since we met in the 3rd grade have been cooler than a polar bear's toenails!

I have too many stories that I can tell about our friendship and crazy things that we would do to each other growing up. Like my vicious head butts I would give him, or the late night cruises we would take around our home town in the "black acura" during our senior year of school together!

Out of all of those things that I remember about Adam, his personality with people is why we are so close. Ask anyone that knows him and they will not have anything bad for the most part on the way he carries himself. His ability to transcend race and look at someone for who they are over what they have or where they live is what draws people to him. You see, AB does not look like me or come from the same type of family dynamic as I, but with his good heart we did not need those things in common to be great friends.
Years go by and our friendship has stayed strong. "Brother's from another mother" is a quote that serves our friendship best.

If I had to sum this guy up it would be in these words: Bama Fan, Best Man, Great friend. Not to get to mushy, but he is my boy and deserves this post.

Love ya bro.
ZW

3 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

I remember the "best man speech" that AB gave at the rehearsal dinner. He made me think that maybe Liz wasn't doing so bad after all.J/K Apparently he feels the same about you that you do him. Good lifelong friends are a blessing from God.

Elizabeth said...

Awww... I like it. I'm a little concerned about the polar bear toenails comment, but other than that- I agree with everything you said. AB, thanks for being such a great friend to Zach. I think he's a better man today because of your friendship.

Anonymous said...

Wow Mr. Wiggs...that's about all i can say.

You know i feel the same way.