Monday, June 30, 2008

Rest of Memphis vacation!



The last two days of my Memphis vacation were just as good as the rest. I spent Thursday at the Marting Luther King Museum. This is an awesome place. I had always wanted to go visit the museum before I had even moved to Memphis. So I added this into my vacation week and needless to say, JR and I had a great time there. To be able to trace back the Civil Rights Movement all the way back to 1816 when the bondage of slaves first began to April 4th 1968 where the leader for equality was murdered was really eye opening. It really opened my soul to the struggle for equality. The museum not only shows you a glimpse of Martin Luther and his story it also opens up African American history in a way that was really unbelievable. In short it was an awesome experience. To not really live in this time where things were so unequal for a people, it was a great historic event for me. Check this out when you get time: MLK JR LAST SPEECH

Friday was also a relaxing day. I went up to Jackson TN where I met up with a couple of my college teammates Chima and Drew for a round of golf. It was really fun getting to see those guys and we had a great time playing golf. That evening I drove back to Memphis and Liz and I had some of our small group over and played games and caught up a little.


The end of my vacation ended on Saturday which was my BIRTHDAY! I turned 28 this weekend and my wife treated me to a sushi dinner and movie. All in all it was a great week off and I enjoyed it all with close friends and family right here in Memphis!

No comments: