Monday, June 2, 2008

Let it BURN

This Saturday was going to be a great weekend. I was about to get off work and I called Liz and told her to grab some hamburger meat and lets make some burgers on the new grill. I was so excited when I got home and Liz had the patties of 4 delicous burgers seasoned and ready to go (I love her)!I got the grill going and forgot that it was placed on high (this happened b/c my lovely dogs Bear and Bryant were driving me nuts and I couldn't focus!) So with the grill on high I tossed the burgers on and like any guy popped in to finish up on the last pitching series of the Braves game. 8 minutes go by and I suddenly look out from the corner of my eye and see smoke and flames coming from the grill. Oh no!!!! Yes, the burgers were toasted. I learned two things that day: One, if you are going to cook, stay focused, and two, if you are going to burn good food.... it's always good to have two dogs around so you won't waste it.

To top all of this off, Liz comes in last night and says she is going to make dinner. She is the queen of the kitchen and I would say one of the best cooks I know. I let her have the kitchen, but I claim to be the king of the grill. But last night, she came in and put me to shame by preparing the best shish kabobs you have ever tasted. What can I say? She is the bomb!

Here is a pic of her work!

2 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

Zach - blaming the dogs? :-) I guess everyone has done that at least once. My first time to get distracted while cooking I burned the kitchen. i got distracted and the grease on the stove caught fire and it spread quickly. So burned burgers aren't so bad after all. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

AWWWW! Poor thing! That's not so bad. I cooked a steak on Saturday just so it wouldn't go bad. I was going to cut it up and use it in a salad during the week. Then, I started to fix a salad for lunch on Monday and couldn't find the steak! I called Lee to ask him if he had eaten it, and he asked if I had left it on the grill. I walked outside, and there it was! Nice and hard!