Thursday, May 29, 2008

Coca Cola Burgers

The summer is here! I am so excited about it being warm outside. I just love the summer smells. You know, the smell of fresh cut grass, kids playing in the streets, and the smell of a grill! Last summer Liz and I wanted to get creative and add a twist to our outdoor cooking. One of the items on the list was the Coke Burger. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com last summer. I've only tried them once, but they turned out great. This meal coupled with any Mexican beverage makes for a great meal.

COKE BURGERS

INGREDIENTS
1 egg
1/2 cup cola-flavored carbonated beverage, divided
1/2 cup crushed saltine crackers
6 tablespoons French salad dressing, divided
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 pounds ground beef

DIRECTIONS
Preheat a grill for high heat. When the grill is hot, lightly oil the grate.
In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, 1/4 cup of cola, crackers, 2 tablespoons of French dressing, and Parmesan cheese. Crumble in the ground beef, and mix well. Form into 6 balls, and pat into 3/4 inch patties. Pour the remaining cola and dressing into a small bowl, and mix well.
Grill burgers for about 3 minutes per side. Brush with the dressing and cola, then grill for 8 to 10 more minutes, basting occasionally.

5 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

I can vouch - they were very good. I think we need a recook on those Zach. They are good with a Diet Coke too. In fact they would be good with anything.

angier said...

Sounds yummy. Bry loves to grill. We'll have to try that. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have a blog now! While I think my husband would enjoy reading it more than me, I like it! Lee and I will definitely be trying those once we are off this stupid diet!

Heather said...

yum!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the smell of kids playing in the street!