Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Touring Memphis: "Day One"

Yesterday was a fun day. Started off with JR and I going to the driving range in Bartlett. The place is called Putt-Putt Golf and Games. It is pretty cool for a family to attend. They have games, batting cage, putt-putt golf, and go carts! JR and I decided to avoid all of that excitement and get down to business on the driving range. It was a ton of fun. JR could really crack it off the tee, I was impressed. We hung out there for an hour or so, hit some balls with the new clubs and then headed back to the Shack's home to hit the pool. Great conversation and a cold refreshing Frosty at Wendy's wrapped up our day. Golf, Pool, Food, pretty good day for anyone huh? Well that is not all that I did yesterday..... I got a tattoo!

I am so not an impulse person at all, so do not think that this just happened b/c I was bored. This was about 5 years in the waiting. A artist from the shop "Cat Daddy's Tattoo Parlor" did a spectacular job. This was something that I have wanted forever. I have been in several shops over the last 5 years and never saw anything that I would ever want permanently branded on me for life. But when I took this vacation time I stated to look for something that I would really like that carried a meaning that was specific to me. And here it is.

It took the guy about 1 hr after he started to draw on the tattoo. He honestly did a great job. At the beginning it was a little uncomfortable, but afterwards I cruised to the ending. At the bottom of the tattoo is a verse that you cannot see in the photo: Isaiah 40:31

The verse reads as follows,

31 but those who HOPE in the LORD he will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I really like it. HOPE is all you need. He can take it from there.

9 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

At first I was seriously doubting your sanity because it looked like it was on your head. But on closer examination I decided that it must be on your arm. Not being a big fan of the tattoo I can't honestly say that I think it looks wonderful, but as tattoos go - not bad. Love you :-)

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmmm

Laura said...

That picture does look like it's on the back of your head! Ha! I think that it must really be your arm. As far as tatoo's go, that's a pretty cool one!

Elizabeth said...

I REALLY like it, sweetie! however, I think we must take a new picture tonight so everyone will not assume this thing is branded on your head!!

Anonymous said...

You forgot the part about the high school girls hitting on you...

and that was with pink shirt and pre-tattoo!

Anonymous said...

hey zach, i hope you are well. what a cool tatoo. the next time we are in memphis, we will give you a call. we would love to hang out with you and elizabeth, and you have to meet the kiddos. it has been so long since we have seen you guys. hope you are well.
nicole eaton (jake eaton's wife)

angier said...

Beautiful tattoo. I think "Liz" should be on there somewhere though. :) I've been looking for somewhere to have my tattoo redone. I'll have to check that place out.

Joanna said...

nice! i love it!

i still feel like i would be so much cooler if i had a tatoo.(though the fact that i feel like that totally means i'm not cool) maybe someday.

(oh, and i think it's so funny that you described putt-putt...i'm guessing that was that your first visit and you have never heard of it before? )

Bill Mauldin said...

Zach, I think the tat rocks man. I have to live vicariously through others, because I am too much of a weenie to get one myself.