Thursday, June 26, 2008

Memphis Vacation: Day Two


Day 2 of my vacation was a little more relaxed. Because we had our small group over at the in laws for discussion and dinner, I spent much of the day cleaning up and shopping for dinner. Dinner and friends sum up Day two and it was well worth all the cleaning and cooking because we had a great time. We are currently going through a series right now called, "Love and Respect" What the speaker, Dr. Emerson does in this series is try to break down love and respect and how we as a married couple can use this in a way to get to build a stronger foundation to grow on as you move further in your marriage. I have grown to really enjoy the series and sharing my thoughts with the rest of the group has helped a ton.

In saying this I would like to take a second to praise how awesome I think my wife is. Elizabeth Jean I can honestly say was sent to me from heaven. Anyone who knew me before would know that she would have had to been sent from heaven to come and pull me from where my life was going. She is the most understanding and amazingly prideless human-being I have ever met in my life. Her ability to be my wife and in doing so taking on the responsibility of being a step mother in the same right is astonishing.

Many times in our early stages of dating I would always ask her why she would even want to get into something with a guy who has no clue where he is going in life, she would just look at me and tell me that she could see my heart. (Ladies if your husbands ever question why you love them ever, please use this line!) I don't know if she ever knew this but that small statement coming from her made me melt. She really is God Sent. My wife is unique and thrifty. She is smart and silly. She is sexy and elegant. "Dang it" she is my wife and I love her to death!

Sorry to get off on a tangent, but I just wanted you to know that my partner means everything to me and I spent most of my day yesterday and this morning thinking about her and all of her extraordinary ways that when seen make me a better human. I love you Hun!

Day two to sum it up, was a peaceful one and I needed that.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ummm... Wow? Dang! I am sitting here at my desk crying, Wiggs! You know how much I hate that!

Seriously, thank you for all those wonderful things you just said. You have no idea how refreshing it is to know that you can look past all my crap and baggage that I bring to our relationship and see my "respect" for you... and somehow manage to see beauty in me.

I love you for so many reasons. And none of those reasons have changed since the day I met you. You have the same beautiful heart now that you had then. I LOVE watching you grow as a man of God. I love that you challenge me to know God better. I love how you refuse to let life knock you down. I love how you continue to find strength in God. I LOVE how you love Sydney... and as a bonus- I love how you love me.

So, thank you- for loving me. I consider myself the luckiest woman in the world to have a man like you!

Fred and Renee said...

Awwww - that was really sweet. All we ever wanted for our daughters was for them to be in a marraige where they were loved and cherished by their husbands for who they are. Thanks for being that guy. Oh yea - I also liked the cleaning up part. :-) Love and miss you guys!

Heather said...

Zach -

This was well said, and I know Elizabeth feels the same way about you. Your love for each other is evident to all who are around you.

Joanna said...

awwwww!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! Not to give you any competition or anything, but I love Liz too! (Only in a MUCH different way!) I love seeing how much ya'll care about eachother! (And it IS obvious!)