Being a dad is something that I take for granted sometimes. Its not until your wife sits you down and tells you that one of your kids are acting out and it may be because of parenting decisions that we are making that it hits you. Being a dad is hard for me at times.
It was something that I never got to see growing up in real life. Sometimes I feel that I can't live up to what my kiddos deserve and need because of not seeing it/ And I hate that. I pray that I can be the best dad that my kids know.
More than anything I want to show them great love. I want them to know that I love them more than anyone can ever love them. I want to build them up. I want them to trust me. I want them to know how much I care for them. Growing up I did a lot of guessing about these things. I want my kids to know without a shadow of doubt how I feel about each one of them.
God I pray to you, I beg you to guide me in this pursuit. Allow me to be that for my children. I reflection of you.
AMEN
No comments:
Post a Comment