
Last week something tragic happened in Haiti that if it would have only happened a few years ago while still tragic, would not have touched me the way that it does now. You see, I have two brothers that have family there that are suffering right now. Robert Joseph (in photo above) and Pierry Valmera are both from Port-au-Prince Haiti. I met them as teammates at Union while playing ball a few short years ago. Both guys are phenomenal athletes and both are still playing ball professionally now. (Robert in Spain) (Pierry in Switzerland) To know these two guys I consider myself blessed. They have big hearts and are just great people. They both grew up in Port-au-Prince and both have families there who need help. Robert will be heading back to Haiti next week to visit his two sisters who are still there. If you are interested in a way to help please let me know. Both families of my two brothers are fairly safe but if you could imagine an event this tragic hitting in the middle of your own city or town you could imagine that their safety is still in much jeopardy. If you are looking for ways that you can help click here.
My wife is also taking part in this cause running an add for free print orders before tonight at midnight. All proceeds will be donated to the Haiti Relief Teams. Click below to find out more.

I know that we are frozen sometimes by tragic happenings that we can not explain and we are often puzzled by how to help. (at least I am.) Every dollar helps. Thanks in advance for your help.
2 comments:
I donated through Compassion International and am looking into donating blood as well. Not sure how good of an idea that is, but financially they really need the help.
Thanks Jenn for your help already! Giving blood would be a great idea. I will look into that as well. Thanks!
Post a Comment