Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Where are they now?


Do you ever wonder sometimes where are these people now? I wonder about people like Bo Jackson and Mugsy Bouges. What are they doing and where in the world are they? Each Thursday I am going to dedicate my page to this question and I will ask you the reader to just come up with people that you wonder about and I will try my best to find out.



I am going to start this Thursday with Dennis Rodman-- the WORM. Remember him? This guy was a wild as they come. The hair, the run, the rebound king. His personality on the floor was one you would pay to watch.


Rodman played for the Detroit Pistons for a few years and won 2 NBA titles but is most remembered for the shenanigans that he pulled as a Chicago Bull (like this one to the right). Rodman averaged over 13 rebounds per game and could change a game with out ever taking a shot. He also was the only guy that I know that could marry himself during a stint where the Bulls were on a record breaking season and everyone like it! But what you want to know is where is he now?'
I have attached part of an article I found today at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rodman and it looks as if he is still trying to hoop some. Here is a pick of Dennis the Menace with some shorties:
(wonder who was the leading rebounder in this game?)
What tha? Read on....
"After his stint with the Bulls, Rodman became a journeyman. He briefly joined the Los Angeles Lakers (wearing number 73) and helped them to a 17-6 record while averaging 11.2 rebounds per game. However, when Rodman went on a leave of absence for personal reasons the Lakers released him soon after. The following season Dallas Maverick owner Mark Cuban would sign Rodman. Over 12 games for Dallas Rodman averaged 14.3 rebounds per game. However, the Mavericks still had little success and Rodman was released after some critical comments of Cuban. After a long break, he played for the Long Beach Jam of the newly-formed American Basketball Association during the 2003-04 season, with hopes of being called up to the NBA midseason. In the 2004-05 season, Rodman signed with the ABA's Orange County Crush and the following season with the league's Tijuana Dragons. He has also competed in three games for the Brighton Bears of the British Basketball League and one game for Torpan Pojat of the Finland's basketball league, Korisliiga since leaving the NBA."
His last big stat was that he was arrested for domestic assault where he has beaten up a guy in a LOS ANGELES HOTEL. That is life as a bad boy. There has also been some argument over whether or not he should be entered into the NBA hall of fame. My answer is yes. He was a part of five NBA titles and won 2 defensive player of the year awards. I think that he is in. Let me know your opinion.
Who do you want to know about? Let me know and next Thursday I will pick em.

5 comments:

joeyg said...

Arsenio Hall...Hoo,Hoo,Hoo

Zachary Allen Wiggs said...

Keep em coming, I will make my pick on Thursday. These are great ones by the way!

Jon Owings said...

I wouldn't put Dennis in the hall. You would have to put big Ben in too. I wonder how many one dimensional players are in the HOF?

Dan and Tami said...

Yeah, I might not put him in, either. It wouldn't make me mad if he got it, though. What about John Paxon, the other Bulls player who thrived off Jordan's greatness?

Zachary Allen Wiggs said...

I am hearing a lot about Dennis not getting in the Hall. This guy was a great ball player. He was one dementional yes, but the man was the best at it. Ben Wallace is great but what team is he on now? Is he making any noise, ..... Dennis made it pop everywhere he played. He made every system better. His D, his wild side. The HOF would miss out not putting him in if you ask me. But I am only one. And my vote does not count!