Thursday, September 3, 2009

Birthday weekend

Last weekend we celebrated the birthday's of my mother and my daughter. These two ladies really mean alot to me. I think that it is very fitting that their birthdays fall right after each other on the calender. (Moms-August 30th and Syd's August 31st) Although I did not get to spend any time with my mom (far right in picture with Liz and my sister Shandy on the left) on her birthday, we made up for it with all the fun we had with Syd.




I am so thankful for both of these ladies being in my life. For my mother, I was the first of four kids she raised as a single parent. Having Sydney I can only imagine how hard this would be. She stuck in there and made things the best she could for us and I really appreciate her for that.




And what can I say about my little munchkin! She turned 7 years old this weekend and I am so proud of the young girl she is becoming. Liz and I enjoy her company so much the weekends she's with us. It something that I cherish so much. Her birthday party this weekend can be seen on my wife's page. Watching her grow up these last 7 years has been so much fun. All the laughs, talks, and the hugs, will never be forgotten. I miss her so much when she is not here, love on her so when she is. We are so proud of you Sydney Carlene. Your unselfishness and your unique ability to warm the hearts of others is truely a gift from God.

In short these ladies are great to have around! I love you both. Happy Birthday!

No comments: