Saturday, January 24, 2009
I AM BACK!!!!
It has been so long since I have been able to find time to post on here. My wife does such a great job of capturing our lives on her blog that I sometimes can get lazy! Well today I wanted to post about history being made in our country. I know that so much has been much said of Barack Obama and his historic week. I thought that it was really cool that I was able to see this history take place. All other things aside whether you are a democrat or republican I think that it is safe to say that our country has come a long way as a culture. Overall I was very excited about it. To think of my grandfather who had a grandmother who did not have the rights that I have today. To think about the fact that he sat and watch a African American man take the oath to lead this country for the next four years excites me. See I never could fathom what his eyes have seen, I never could anticipate the pure joy that is running through his soul, I never could imagine how impossible this week could have seemed to him. That is what makes this weekend so beautiful to me. Our country is in a tough place right now. I just hope that everyone is in prayer during this time. One for our President, that he makes good sound decisions that will shape us not only for the next four years, but for many. And two that we can better hold ourselves accountable for our actions. To sum it all up this week made me once again proud to be an American!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well said, son-in-law. I am proud of how far our country has come also. 40 years ago I couldn't have had you for a son-in-law. Tnank God for social progress!
Post a Comment