I do not know who all out there reads this blog but for those of you who do thanks!!! I have a challenge for you. A couple of weeks ago a few of my buddies were hanging out and were talking about the last time they just sat alone in complete silence and did nothing but meditate. Can you remember the last time you did that? Just sat and meditated?I couldn't, so last week I tried it. I sat in a room with nothing going, no radio, no TV, no IPOD, no lights, no clothing.....just kidding! In all truthfulness it is tough. Tons of thoughts went through my mind. My childhood, spending more time with my wife, work that needs to be done around the house, my daughter the list went on and on. For 30 minutes I sat.
I think that everyone should do that from time to time. MEDITATE. My goal is to transfer this meditation over to a better prayer life but I am choosing to start here first. Anyways....hear is the challenge to you, CLEAR YOUR MIND FOR 30 minutes for one day this week. Let me know how it plays out. Looking back at how my 30 min were spent with me thinking about everything that I have going on in my life, which was good to do, but it was not the goal. I did not accomplish what I sat out to do. So its now your challenge. Can you do it? Let me know your progress.
1 comment:
I have tried this before and it is amazing how hard it is to just clear your mind. I appreciate your thoughts on this and I am going to give it a try :)
I'll let you know how it goes. Hope you're doing well.
Post a Comment